Measles Outbreak: In Mumbai Measles Cases Climb Over 200, Death Tally Reaches 13
Drop biscuits and sausage gravy
One of the best parts of waking up on a weekend is being able to enjoy a leisurely breakfast. But if you’re like most people, weekday mornings are rushed and you don’t have time for anything more than grabbing something quick on the go. Weekends, take some time to make a hearty and delicious breakfast that will start your day off right. This recipe for drop biscuits and sausage gravy is the perfect comfort food to help you relax and enjoy your weekend.
What You’ll Need
If you want to make a delicious and healthy drop biscuit and sausage gravy recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients:
-1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
-1 tablespoon baking powder
-1 teaspoon salt
-1/2 teaspoon black pepper
-3 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces
-1 1/4 cups milk
-1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
-1/4 cup all-purpose flour
-3 cups milk
-Salt and pepper to taste
To make the biscuits, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Cut in the butter until it resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the milk until just combined. Do not overmix. Drop dough by spoonfuls onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 425 degrees F for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
To make the gravy, cook the sausage over medium heat in a large skillet until it is no longer pink. Add the flour and stir to combine. Slowly add the milk, whisking constantly until thickened. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve over warm biscuits
How to Make It
When it comes to making drop biscuits and sausage gravy, there are a few things you need to keep in mind. First, you’ll want to make sure that your biscuits are nice and fluffy. This can be achieved by using self-rising flour or by adding a bit of baking powder to your all-purpose flour. Secondly, you’ll want to use a good quality sausage for your gravy. I like to use a mild or hot Italian sausage, but you can use whatever type of sausage you prefer. Finally, when making the gravy, be sure to cook the sausage until it is no longer pink and then whisk in some milk until you have reached the desired consistency.
Tips and Tricks
Are you in the mood for some home-cooked comfort food? If so, you’ll love this recipe for drop biscuits and sausage gravy. This hearty dish is perfect for a winter night or any time you’re craving something warm and satisfying.
And the best part? It’s actually pretty easy to make. Just follow these tips and tricks and you’ll have a delicious meal on the table in no time:
1. To get nice, fluffy biscuits, be sure to use self-rising flour. If you don’t have any on hand, you can make your own by combining 1 cup all-purpose flour with 1 teaspoon baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
2. When adding the wet ingredients to the dry mix, be careful not to overmix. Stir just until everything is moistened – too much stirring will result in tough, dense biscuits.
3. For perfectly shaped biscuits, use a biscuit cutter or an upside down glass to cut out rounds of dough. Alternatively, you can simply drop spoonfuls of batter onto the baking sheet – hence the name “drop” biscuits!
4. For perfectly cooked gravy, simmer until it’s thickened and bubbly. Then remove from heat and whisk in milk or cream until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper before serving.
5. To keep your gravy warm while you’re waiting for the biscuits to bake, transfer it to a slow cooker set on low or warm
There are endless possibilities when it comes to variations on the classic drop biscuit and sausage gravy recipe. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
-Add some shredded cheese to the biscuit dough for a cheesy twist.
– Swap out the sausage for ground beef or turkey to change up the flavor.
– Mix in some chopped vegetables, like onions, peppers, or mushrooms, into either the dough or the gravy.
– Use different herbs and spices in the gravy to create your own unique flavor profile.
– top it all off with a fried egg for a hearty breakfast dish.
This recipe for drop biscuits and sausage gravy is hearty and delicious, and it’s also pretty healthy. The whole-wheat flour in the biscuits provides some fiber and nutrients, and the gravy is made with lean sausage and low-fat milk. This is a great breakfast option if you’re looking for something that will fill you up without weighing you down. Give it a try!