Measles Outbreak: In Mumbai Measles Cases Climb Over 200, Death Tally Reaches 13
A condition involving the immune system is vitiligo. Normal skin becomes discoloured and takes on an excessively white hue as a result. Early intervention is required because if the situation worsens unchecked, the effects can be long-lasting and irreversible.
Ayurveda provides a long-lasting, all-natural leucoderma treatment that can halt the disease’s progression and undo its consequences without causing any negative side effects. Please read the entire article for additional information.
Vitiligo, sometimes referred to as ” Leucoderma,” is an autoimmune condition. An autoimmune disorder is one in which your immune system destroys healthy cells, which then begins to have an impact on your body. It manifests as a result of melanin pigment, which is in charge of developing the cells that determine hair and skin colour, not functioning properly. White spots of skin are therefore a defining feature of it.
Any area of the body, including the inner region of the mouth, nose, and hair, might be impacted by leucoderma or vitiligo. However, it typically affects both sides of the body, and skin that has been exposed to the sun is more susceptible. A person with vitiligo could experience stress and self-consciousness as a result of the white patches on their skin. Changes in the immune system, environmental conditions, or inherited factors are all known to contribute to the disease.
Although the exact aetiology of vitiligo is uncertain, the condition has many possible explanations. Here is a list of a few elements and reasons that could result in vitiligo, including:
- Genetics: A person who has vitiligo in their family is more likely to get the condition.
- Infection – This condition may develop as a result of persistent infections such as a stomach or throat infection that call for the use of antibiotics. These medications impact immunity, which in turn causes an autoimmune problem.
- White patches can be a symptom of a number of autoimmune diseases.
- Inflammatory Disorders – A number of inflammatory disorders are recognised as the root cause of leucoderma or vitiligo.
- Long-term stress may contribute to the condition.
- Causes brought on by viruses: Some viruses can harm a sick person.
- Neural Reasons: It is also known that leucoderma or vitiligo have neurological causes.
Chemical Exposure – A person who has a high level of chemical exposure is more likely to develop leucoderma.
Leucoderma signs and symptoms
Symptoms of leucoderma typically start to show up before puberty. Following are some typical leucoderma signs and symptoms that leucoderma or vitiligo patients may experience:
The part of the body that is exposed to the sun is typically when patchy spots of depigmented skin first appear.
- Fading of skin colour
- Colour loss in the retina.
- Whitening of scalp, brow, eyelash, and beard hairs.
- Simple to see areas.
- The patient may suffer from depression or other mental illnesses.
- The skin’s susceptibility to sunlight
- Loss of hearing.
- Vision issues.
- Shedding of a tear from the eyes.
The two main kinds of vitiligo are listed below:
- Segmental vitiligo – In segmental vitiligo, just one side of the skin is affected.
- Segmental vitiligo prevents the disease’s spread.
- Non-segmental vitiligo: In non-segmental vitiligo, both sides of the skin are affected, and the area of the skin that has vitiligo or leucoderma keeps growing over time.
Ayurvedic diagnosis and treatment for vitiligo
In order to determine whether you have vitiligo, your doctor will perform a physical examination, inquire about your medical history, and look for associated conditions like dermatitis or psoriasis. If you have vitiligo, your doctor may use a lamp to put UV light onto your skin. He or she will also conduct other tests to identify leucoderma, including:
- Skin biopsy and blood test – The doctor will first review your personal and family medical history with you and examine your skin before taking a tiny sample of the affected skin (a biopsy) and drawing blood for lab testing to check for underlying autoimmune disorders like anaemia or diabetes.
- Vitiligo can be completely cured by ayurveda without any negative side effects. The Ayurvedic medical professionals classify this issue as a Tridosha illness. It implies that Leucoderma is caused by disturbances in all three doshas.
- The ayurvedic treatment for leucoderma involves herbal medications to treat the condition. Because they boost the body’s immune system, panchakarma treatments including virechana, vasti, dhara, and vamana are also applied during the process.
- Virechana—also referred to as purgative therapy—removes toxins from your body. Virechana is utilised to cleanse the stomach and small intestine, which serve as the principal pitta-generating sites, in cases of Pitta disease. In Ayurveda, it is a successful vitiligo therapy.
- Enema therapy is another name for basti therapy. The colon, the body’s principal location for Vata, is cleansed by the therapy. It ranks among the top Ayurvedic treatments for vitiligo.
- Vamana – In Ayurveda, vamana is regarded as the most efficient vitiligo treatment for both Pitta and Kapha overload. For a condition of Kapha origin like eczema, Vasantika Vamasa (therapeutic emesis in the spring season) might be utilised as a preventive therapy.
The most effective natural treatment for vitiligo has been found to be these treatments and medications.
Home Remedies for vitiligo/ Leucoderma
Vitiligo/ Leucoderma is a disorder that is easily treatable with a few simple steps. These simple treatments can be used in conjunction with Ayurvedic medications for vitiligo to manage the condition and stop its progression:
- Apply an essence made of lemon and sweet basil.
- Apply a mixture of mustard oil and turmeric powder to the afflicted region for 20 minutes. For best results, repeat this process twice daily. This will function as an effective all-natural remedy for vitiligo.
- Increase your consumption of foods rich in zinc.
- The natural treatment for vitiligo frequently stresses maintaining hydration. To drink water from a copper container is the main objective. You can improve your body’s melanin production and lessen the whiteness of vitiligo-related areas by drinking water that has been stored in a copper container.
- Mix the same amount of turmeric powder with the bakuchi powder. Use warm water and 1 tsp of this mixture twice daily. This mixture may be used externally.
Vitiligo diet restrictions
Both a recommended diet for vitiligo and foods that make the illness worse are not accepted by medicine. Anecdotal data does, however, suggest that certain individuals react negatively to consuming some meals, particularly those that contain the depigmenting compounds hydroquinones. Each person’s body is unique and may respond to specific foods in a variety of ways.
Some of the top meals that cause problems for those with vitiligo include the following:
Alcohol, blueberries, citrus, coffee, curds, fish, fruit juice, gooseberries, grapes, pickles, pomegranates, red meats, and items made from wheat.
In many cases, vitiligo is a chronic condition. Despite the fact that it cannot be cured, there are steps you can take to perhaps treat it and stop it from getting worse, such as consuming a nutritious diet. You should consult a dermatologist for information on how vitiligo will affect your skin.